Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday Lasagna





It's President's Day in America, and Kenneth got a day off. Lynette had wanted to have some lasagna for some time, and in a totally unintended Garfield moment we had lasagna on Monday.

We basically followed a recipe from Cook's Illustrated. For some reason we got an issue in the mail, although we though we'd stopped the subscription some time back. Anyway, the base sauce in this recipe is a bolognaise ground-meat and tomato sauce. There's also bechamel, which is just butter, milk and flour. The lasagna was assembled in layers, with meat, lasagna, meat, bechamel, cheese, lasagna, meat, bechamel, cheese, lasagna...and so on from the bottom until finally lasagna, bechamel and cheese.

Not too shabby. It's pretty filling, though, and it looks like we'll be having leftovers for dinner on Tuesday.

3 Comments:

At February 19, 2008 at 7:42:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm...lasagna...my favourite! must cook for me when you guys are back k?

 
At March 6, 2008 at 12:06:00 AM EST, Blogger fong said...

I'm baffled by how Cook's Illustrated still has those ridiculous pencil drawings and not real photos. It's impossible to tell what the food is supposed to look like!

Speaking of Garfield, I learned about this site today
http://garfieldminusgarfield.tumblr.com/

And also this
http://garfieldisdead.ytmnd.com/

 
At March 7, 2008 at 1:31:00 PM EST, Blogger Jasmin said...

kennette!!

I want to grab the food from the pictures in your blog and stuff it in my mouth. I also want to do a supermarket sweep at Russos!

I hope you guys are well. I just came back from HK and finding it very hard to return to work. This is when a good dose of Christina's mango icecream would be an excellent perk-me-up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home