Paella

Here's tonight's dinner, Spanish rice or "pie-eh-ya", in a new pan that I acquired in Barcelona. The crucial ingredient that gives it its yellow color and fragrance is saffron - yums! Only one half has cilantro cos' I'm not crazy about the herb. Not that I particularly hate it...
On a more sombre note, we used chicken and sausage in the paella instead of seafood because Kenneth just read this book called The End of the Line: How Overfishing is Changing the World and What We Eat written by Charles Clover. I'll leave it to him to describe this book in detail to you, or maybe you don't want to know, but the bottom line message is: Fish stocks are depleting quickly, and consumers can help encourage more sustainable fishing by being selective about the seafoods that we eat. See a list of seafoods to favor and avoid at a Seafood Watch Guide here. Hopefully, you'll consider how your consumer dollar (and taste) can make a difference and prevent irresponsible overfishing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home